ad

5.5.13

A May Wedding| OOTD


wedding outift 3-horzwedding outfit 5wedding face 2

How is everyone’s Bank Holiday Weekend going? What are your plans? Today I had my brother, his girlfriend and my mum around for lunch so we could show off our new apartment. So Matt and I put on a little spread and I had an excuse to bake some cupcakes. This time I made some strawberry flavoured one’s with jam in the centre, they were very strawberry flavoured! You can see pictures of them on my Instagram. For the rest of the day Matt and I are going to relax, he will probably watch sport, and I’m busy blogging and catching up with Hart of Dixie. Today is a rest day for me on the exercise so I’m only doing my squats and the 30 Day Abs Challenge and planning my workouts for the week ahead. The weather isn’t the best over here in the Lakes so tomorrow may have to be a lazy indoor one as well… I may even get round to putting the rest of my “fat clothes” on eBay.

Anyways onto the point of this post, yesterday I attended the wedding of my Mum’s ex-husband (I have a very complicated family, so I won’t go into it), so thought I would share with you the outfit I chose to wear. I was super excited for the wedding, obviously because I love a good celebration, it was a chance to catch up with family and friends and also this is the first wedding I have ever attended where I haven’t been in the wedding party, so I actually got a chance to choose what to wear.

It turned out choice is a bad thing for me. I ended up spending weeks wondering about what to wear. The wedding was an informal one so a long dress was out of the question, so instead I chose a short dress. This dress is from Dorothy Perkins and I bought it last weekend with 10% off so it was only around £30. Even though it was a casual wedding I still wanted to wear a fascinator, I would of loved to wear a big hat but that would of been a bit too much, so the fascinator had to do. Plus it was a bargain… only £3 in the sale at Accessorize!

The wedding day itself was lovely. The weather stayed bright so the ceremony is a memorial hall in a park was beautiful. The ceremony was simple and sweet and the reception small and personal, but it was great to be at a reception filled with the bride’s and groom’s closest family and friends. I do love a wedding!

Are you a wedding fanatic like me? Do you struggle as much as I do when picking an outfit? Are you attending any weddings this year?

P.s You probably will have already noticed that the Cosmo Blog Awards are back! After being a finalist last year it would mean the world for me to be back amongst it all again this year. I’m very disappointed that there isn’t a Best Fitness and Health Blog category so am instead vying for Best Lifestyle Blog. If you enjoy my blog and find it motivating it would be amazing if you could vote for me, just click one of the buttons below. Thank-you soooooo much!

Cosmo blog awards 2013Cosmo blog awards 2013Cosmo blog awards 2013

Don't forget to check out my blogger of the week Cantara from Gym Bags and Glad Rags. If you enjoy my fitness post you will fall in love with her blog. She is a stunner with a great blog!

No comments:

pages listed by date