ad

7.9.12

MTV’s VMA’s| The good, the bad and the ugly

Last night was a huge night for celebrities, press and fashion lovers everywhere. Not only was it Fashion Night Out, it was also the MTV Video Music Awards, which is always eventful. This year saw the reunion of Rihanna and Chris Brown, with them sharing a little kiss in front of all to see. However it is not the show that I am interested in, my guilty pleasure with award shows, which I guess I share with many of you, is to cast my critical eye upon the fashion on the red carpet. So I will share with you my pick of the good, the bad and the ugly.
the good
  • Emma Watson did us British girls proud, and showed up in a fun and flirty dress. Although the loud print is not something I would wear, I admire that she let the dress do the talking and kept accessories, hair and makeup to a minimal.
  • Demi Lovato was my favourite, she dressed down this sparkly cocktail dress with her studded leather jacket, but her dramatic red lips and long tumbling waves make her look smart enough to be walking the red carpet.
  • Miley Cyrus dressed to impress! Like Demi Lovato she channelled her inner rock chick. Miley's dress alone is beautiful, but her chose of accessories, and her dramatic quiff have made the dress more fun.
  • Katy Perry’s dress hugs her curves and gives us a glimpse of her legs, making her look like a vixen. I’m not one hundred per cent certain of the print, but no one can deny that she looks incredibly sexy. I think I am most in love with her hair and makeup choices, very glamourous.
the bad
  • Jessica Szohr’s outfit just looks a mess. I don’t really know where to begin, so I shall just say it all. In my opinion her top looks like it’s a piece of supportive shape-wear, the skirt it too casual, as are the trainers, and the headband is just wrong. This is not a red carpet suitable outfit.
  • Rihanna is a girl who’s outfits I either love of hate, and unfortunately I hate this one. If the dress did not have the knot detail on the front I think I would love it, but as it does Rihanna looks like she is wearing her bed sheet and is on her way to a toga party.
  • Rita Ora… oh dear! I admit the detailing on the jumpsuit is exquisite, but it is not flattering in the slightest. The girl has such a great body, she should be making the most of it.
  • Pink really disappointed me in this dress. Like Rita Ora she has an amazing body and yet she has covered every inch of it. I do actually love the dress; if only it showed more skin.
Nicki Minaj
I know Nikki Minaj is an obviously choice for a girl who gets it wrong, but she just can’t be avoided.  I agree her body is ridiculous… even if her bum does scare me a bit, but there is no need to show it off all the time. There is not one thing right with her ensemble, too tight, too many fabrics and textures and too much detail.
Do you agree with my picks? Or was there someone else who caught your eye? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

pages listed by date