ad

8.9.13

Monday’s Meals| Healthy Meringues| Healthy Sweet Snacks

 

healthy meringues healthy sweet snacks 1healthy meringues-tilehealthy meringues healthy sweet snacks

I don’t know about you but I have a massive sweet tooth and am always on the look our for healthy sweet snacks. I don’t really mind what it is, but a I do prefer a chocolate flavoured sweet snack over any other. So when I came across a picture of little healthy meringue cookies on tumblr, I realised that healthy meringues could be something that would satisfy my sweet tooth.

Now I have fond memories of meringue from my Granddad’s famous Pavlova, however the mound of cream involved with them does not make it the healthiest dessert. So unfortunately these healthy meringues do not include cream, but I assure you they are a great healthy sweet snack, and very easy to make with only three  ingredients.

All you need are two egg whites, 1/2 cup of caster sugar and 1 tablespoon of Nutella. Simply beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then mix in the caster sugar a little at a time until it forms glossy stiff peaks. Finally add the Nutella and mix it all together. Next pipe out your meringues onto baking parchment, I managed to make 24 with my mixture, then place them in a preheated oven of around 100-110 degrees and cook for around 30 minutes. Take them out of the oven when they are done and leave them too cool.

Et voila! You have 24 little healthy meringue cookies that will satisfy your sweet tooth. You could try different flavours by swapping Nutella for jam, or try adding your meringues to Greek Yoghurt for an extra yummy healthy dessert!

Nutritional content per cookie- 21 calories, 4.6g carbs, 0.25g fat, 0.3g protein

Have you ever tired meringue cookies as an alternative to the real thing? Do you have any other heather sweet snacks that you make regularly to keep you from nibbling on cake and chocolate?

Visit Megan’s blog Emmiegee for fashion, beauty and lifestyle posts. Full of reviews, outfits and recipes.

No comments:

pages listed by date