ad

5.9.13

FEMEN is now Bare-ass Nekkid!

In case you hadn't heard, the infamous Ukrainian feminist protest group Femen (they of the political titties!) is masterminded and controlled almost entirely by a man. Gasp! That man's name is Victor Syvatski, and he has been "exposed" in a recent documentary film made by a woman. Surely, this movie strips away many false impressions. Read about it here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-man-who-made-femen-new-film-outs-victor-svyatski-as-the-mastermind-behind-the-protest-group-and-its-breastbaring-stunts-8797042.html

Naturally, feminists have opinions about this recent development. The following, posted at the Feminist Current blog, may be of interest. Curiously, this is one case where I find myself agreeing with feminists. That is, I agree that Femen is not a good strategy for feminism in the long run - it is objectively bad for feminism. Three-quarters of what the author says here sounds about right to me, and if I were the Fidelbogen equivalent of a feminist I probably could have written this myself:

http://feministcurrent.com/7963/femen-was-founded-and-is-controlled-by-a-man-exactly-zero-people-are-surprised/

No comments:

pages listed by date